BSB61218 - Advanced Diploma of Program Management
The Advanced Diploma of Program Management is suited to experienced program managers who are responsible for a portfolio of formal projects. This qualification recognises the advanced skills required to direct, plan and lead a range of program functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes. The course aims to equip participants with the skills and knowledge for effective leadership of multiple projects, programs of projects or large, complex projects.
The Advanced Diploma of Program Management is suited to experienced program managers who are responsible for a portfolio of formal projects.
This qualification recognises the advanced skills required to direct, plan and lead a range of program functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes.
The course aims to equip participants with the skills and knowledge for effective leadership of multiple projects, programs of projects or large, complex projects.
- Payment plans are available for this qualification
Up to 18 months.
Applicants must have:
- Completed a Diploma of Project Management qualification; or
- Completed two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level within a project or program environment within an enterprise.
Contact us today
for more information!
How will this course benefit your career?
On completion of the program students will be recognised and should be able to:
- integrate a number of projects to achieve planned business outcomes and value enhancements
- ensure there is effective governance and sponsorship in place to facilitate the conversion of business strategy into the realisation of benefits
- plan the selection and development of staff to meet the requirements of a significant program of works
- ensure effective identification of uncertainty and ambiguity, and develop strategies for management of risk across projects, programs, operations and portfolio
- develop and monitor program schedules and budgets to meet the organisation’s business plan
- provide leadership in the identification, assessment and management of risk and opportunities
- ensure effective communication between the various stakeholders in the program of works
- oversee the management of strategic procurement and contracts
- mitigate the more complex problems encountered by project teams
- manage the client and stakeholders, and their expectations.
The attainment of the Advanced Diploma of Program Management will allow for:
- Credit in AQF qualifications in accordance with relevant training package rules and recognition requirements
- Entry into a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School
- Application to Project Management Institute (PMI) for Category A Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Recognition and credit for the Advanced Diploma at other tertiary institutions may be granted once admission requirements have been met.*
Depending on the depth and breadth of project management expertise displayed at assessment, the workplace evidence submitted as part of the Advanced Diploma may be used to satisfy the student assessment component for recognition under one of three certification levels with the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) .
Successful graduates may also apply for AIPM Continuing Professional Development points.
*Pathways are subject to acceptance/approval, and fees apply
Study online at your own pace
anywhere and anytime
Students must complete 12 units of competency:
|BSBPMG610||Enable program execution|
|BSBPMG621||Facilitate stakeholder engagement|
|BSBPMG622||Implement program governance|
|BSBINN601||Lead and Manage Organisational Change|
|BSBPMG615||Manage program delivery|
|BSBPMG616||Manage program risk|
|BSBPMG617||Provide leadership to the program|
|AHCBUS607||Implement a monitoring, evaluation and reporting program|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|PSPMGT006||Develop a business case|
|BSBPMG518||Manage project procurement|